Thursday, May 8, 2008

Wiley's ATV adventures have now begun...

Today we ventured out to the Stansbury mountains on the ATV's.. What a blast it was! I just love being in such close proximity to beautiful mountains to explore. We love to just find a trail and see where it goes, thats the excitement of it all! The trails were very bumpy and washed out from snow runoff, or the latest rain showers. Needless to say its the type of riding where you need to concentrate on wheel placement. I had Nate take over in a few spots because I get scared when there's only two wheels touching and its teetering back and forth, plus on a steep hill! He says I need to get over my fear but when my life is on the line, I'd rather hand it over to him...Here are some ATV "words of wisdom" from Nate.."When it gets too steep and people turn back, we continue. When the snow is too deep, and people turn back, we plow through. When the boulders are too big to bounce over, we PREVAIL!!!!!"
All in all, it was a fabulous day out in the mountains. And the kids loved it too...


Emily and Easton waiting for daddy to get through the ravine...




He got us all safely through the washed out ravine(the actual road was washed out so Nate made his own road!) The video doesn't do it justice. It was really, really steep!!


Mommy loves having Emmy as my navigator!


Easton with his lollipop stick! Oh and check out Lucy in her kennel!


Eating lunch..food always tastes better outdoors!


Leading the way...Check out the scenic view!


The end of the road..Nate insisted we keep going but I said NO!!!


Plum Tuckered out!


We love to get bouquets of mountain flowers!!! I'm surprised that they are both smiling so cute!!!


The long road ahead!!!

More adventures to come...

6 comments:

Tanielle said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great post, with tons of pictures and video! Awesome! How did Lucy like the ride?

Tara Bennett said...

Looks like a blast! We need to get together for 4-wheeling 4 sure! It's totally our gig too. We should go up to my parent's cabin in the Uinta's, there are tons of trails up there! But it's nice you guys have trails so close too. =)

Camey said...

Looks so pretty! I am jealous! Okay so you totally need to come over and help me figure out how to write words between my pictures. I am so irritated that I can't figure out the simplest things!

the letter "J" said...

How fun!! You guys are going to get some fantastic use out of those ATV's this summer!! JEALOUS!! :o)

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...

Lucy actually LOVES the ride...I think she just likes getting out of the house and yard as much as we do! She does amazingly well...

Jamie said...

Your husband is craaazy. Looks like so much fun. This post makes me want to go campin for sure. Let plan a date. Your kids are dang cute.