Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Mother's Day!

At first I was feeling sorry for myself because my hubby had to work on Mothers Day.. He really outdid himself with the little time we got with him.. Saturday he took the kids and bought me some hanging flowers for our front porch! They look so beautiful! Thanks honey... Then this morning he got up with the kids and made a great breakfast of French toast and scrambled eggs.. I was sad he couldn't be at church with us, but it went rather smooth and we got through at least two talks before we had to leave.. With sacrament last it really is exhausting trying to entertain the kids long enough to last too long.. ANyway, before the meeting started a neighbor came and invited us to a BBQ dinner at their house for dinner.. It was so thoughtful, cause otherwise it would've been me and the kids probably eating Mac & Cheese.. They had shish-kabob chicken, steak, shrimp and pineapple, which totally rocked! Thanks Cody for thinking of us!! The best part of my whole Mothers' Day was this morning when daddy took Easton and Emily downstairs to let me stay in bed, Emily came back in with a HUGE smile and said, "Happy Mother's Day mom!" It was so sincere and sweet that we cuddled for a long time.. Until she told me I had stinky breath... hahaha.. I love being a mom, and having a day to be pampered even if its only for a little while. I have the best husband and kids ever!! I feel so lucky and blessed.. I hope all you Mom's had a great day!

5 comments:

laceeJ said...

DIANA! YAY, I'm glad you commented on my mom's blog so I could find yours! I need your email so I can put you on my list to invite you to my blog. I Had to make it private cuz some freak was trying to sell gps systems on my blog..:( Anyway, I'm so glad I get to check in on you through the blog world now! I saw your Grandma at church today, I haven't seen her for so long, it was nice to see her out.

Nathan and Dianna Wiley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara Bennett said...

Happy Mother's Day Dianna! Just work on that morning breath of yours and you'll be the perfect mom! I'm glad you had a good day. Love ya Tara

Annie Sunshine said...

Hey, Diana I found your blog through Natalie and Cory's blog when you commented. Sounds like you are doing well and ended up with a great mother's day. It was fun to check out your blog and see what you have been up to. By the way, if you try, you won't be able to click on my name to see my blog because I made it semi-private, but there is a link to it from Natalie's page if you want to see pics of our kids. (I think that is the best thing about blogs)

Anyway sounds like you are enjoying life, which is great. Your kids are cute!

Annie Ipson (Wade's wife)

Tanielle said...

Dianna, You are one of my favorite moms in the whole world! I look up to you so much in the way you raise your kids. We all love you so much in fact... I asked Matayia if an accident ever happened to Chris and I and you had to have a new mommy who would you choose. She said YOU! I know her Grandma's would be jealous. But hey...I'm just tellin' ya what she said! It's not a surprise to me, you are like a second mother to my babies! We love you so much! Thanks for being such a great mom and friend! Love, Tanielle

Oh, I did notice your flower baskets today on your porch, they are beautiful!