The other day we took the kids swimming...Getting Nate to agree to such an activity is always challenging. He likes swimming, but cringes at the thought of all the "matter" besides the burning smell of chlorine.. But needless to say, he enjoys himself once he's playing with the kids. Emily was brave and had him take her down the slide a few times.. There were times past where she'd end up being submerged coming off the slide and that terrified her. It takes much pleading and promising to get her to agree to the slide! I loved holding Easton because he clutched to me like a little koala bear. He was tired when we went and would have probably fallen asleep if we floated around the lazy river one more time.. 
Coming into our neighborhood is a huge field of horses and cows. I LOVE it.. Its always so cute to see all the spring foals. There are about 7 new foals right now, which is a sign of spring right?? Its hard to tell since the weather has been polar opposites lately with one day being warm and the next cold and either windy or rainy.. I'm so stir crazy and NEED warm weather!! I just wish I could say these horses are mine!!!! 
Well speaking of nice weather..eventhough it was chilly the other day we walked to the park.. I thought I'd capture the adventurous duo doing their thing.. I love how Emily takes charge of Easton at the park and makes sure he is safe.. Her little mothering instincts just take over! He endures it for the most part and lets out a few screams to defend his independence. He likes to do things by himself. Its kind of sad because he is now preferring to just go "night night" without me rocking him like usual. Oh and his favorite song right now is "Row, Row, Row, your Boat".. I think I sing it about 10 times if not more, every night. After I'm done he always says, "again, again"... And if he wakes up during the night he says, "boat".. So I sing it a few times during the night as well!! 
Well, thats about it with us lately.. We are thoroughly enjoying the days off with daddy this week, just taking it easy.. He's been working lots lately, with a fitness test at work yesterday, so I was a good wife and bought him an hour massage. We did a little treasure hunt for him to find out the surprise! Don't get me wrong, I don't do these things regularly!! He was so excited, I just wanted him to get a little of what he deserves for taking such good care of us! We love you daddy!! (Maybe he'll buy me a massage someday..and no, it didn't have an alterior motive!) Oh and I dedicate this song by Brad Paisley to my guy! Love it!!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Lately...
Posted by Nathan and Dianna Wiley at 9:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Diana! It was good to hear from you and see what you guys have been up to. Your kids are adorable! Your son looks like the Robert I remember from way back when (I hear he's grown up, but I don't believe it!)
How do you make your pictures like that? I love that! I need to do a post, but would like to combine my pictures.
Easton looks so handsome in his navy blue coat! Emily looks beautiful in that picture with Nate holding her in the pool! Looks like you guys have been up to some great fun! Cheers to family time it's the best!
Post a Comment