Monday, October 6, 2008

Another great weekend!

Last Friday was Emily's school Halloween Carnival. She was THRILLED to be able to go this year, to play all the games, and get candy! I rounded up a Snow White costume for Em to wear, but I couldn't get Easton even near his Dragon costume. Oh well.

They had a fun little train ride in the soccer field, plus bounce houses, a rock-climbing wall etc.. All of that stuff besides the train, was a bit intimidating for Emily and she informed me she'd try it next year. It was a mad house, and if it weren't for Emily's constant reminders of how awesome it was, we would've been outta there! It did remind me of the good ole days when we'd bob for apples, throw the bean bags, etc.. Some things haven't changed! The kids were excited to get their faces painted!

Easton held so still for her to paint his face! I was laughing because he seriously didn't move a muscle! Open mouth and all!
Finished product: Purple ghost with red eyes!
Happy Pumpkin!
Here they are enjoying a most adventurous train ride around the soccer field! The kids loved it! I, on the other hand, was a little bit nervous! How silly is that? It was a motorized train but pretty wobbly, plus the fields were wet and muddy... But heck, it made them smile!! (I love that I got my friend Camey in the background!)

Then..

Later that night I got packed to go stay at Grandma's for the weekend! Saturday we got ready and left to go for the day to Thanksgiving Point with some cousins! It was fun to see Aunt Joyce, her daughter Kari, and Kari's little girls and her neice! The museum had some fun coloring/craft tables that fancied Emily to a T..

Little Mia, Easton and Emily working on some pumpkin's!



I really tried to get her to smile, but Hannah was probably thinking "who is this weirdo?" It was the first time we'd met so she was still warming up to us.



Hannah, Grandma, Mia, and Easton


Easton, Emily, and Aunt Sarah!




There, she smiled! Aren't they cute??



The kids favorite was playing in the sand and water! This would be cool to have in my house, as long as they keep the sand and water where it should be! They had a blast!





After a great lunch, we headed home to Grandma's to play and enjoy a rainy afternoon. I love days where its raining and cold where you curl up and enjoy doing nothing! Conference was great, although I have to admit I missed the last session on Sunday since I fell asleep with Easton. Thanks Grandma for letting us crash at your place and for entertaining the kids!

On Monday, I don't know what got into me! I decided to get my tomatoes done and found myself in the kitchen ALL day long. It's quite the process to do salsa, and I'm glad it's now over! Sarah had warned me to wear gloves when doing the pepper's, but I forgot to keep them on when I was cleaning up all the juicy mess. My hands were on FIRE for the rest of the day. I read that soaking a pepper burn in Milk will help to take the burn out, and it helped a little. Emily suggested I use a ice pack, which helped a little also.. So word of caution for anyone doing salsa, KEEP THE GLOVES ON AT ALL TIMES!!! It was nice that some neighbor kids helped keep the kids entertained throughout the process, I forgot how time consuming it is! So yeah, I think I'm done with my canning for the year, although I feel bad that there are no apples on the tree this year! My in-laws have the best apple tree and for some reason it didn't produce any fruit this year. Oh well, less work right?

So here is the before:



And After...

7 comments:

Sara said...

Fun stuff! I got apricots canned this year - the tree at our old house went nuts. We have a pear tree at our new house - not so nuts, just enough to eat.

Oh well. I'm hoping to be able to do green tomato sauce at the end of the season (which looks like this week), and that will be it this year.

A and L Stapley said...

You are such a good little homemaker... what with all the acitivities canning and all. No really, sarcasm aside, you are a great MOM! Those pictures of Emily and Easton are great, he looks so grown up with his hair buzzed.

Tanielle said...

Looks like a great weekend! I hope one of those bottles of salsa are coming my way!

Ute Family said...

I'm not just saying this because you're my cousin, but I think that the smile that Emily has is one of the cutest I've ever seen. I just love her chubby cheeks and her lips are just the perfect little shape! Adorable!!! Love the train ride picture :)

Ute Family said...

BTW I got your comment just now and it's not me that copied, it's you that did my dear! I've had this backround since Septembet 30th :) But I'm not hatin'...just setting the record straight ;) It's such a cute backround so I'm sure lots of people will have it very soon!

Tara Bennett said...

If there's one thing I learned from my childhood it's this:

face painting = fun times

Rivers and Monica said...

Sounds like a fun and busy weekend. Probably helps pass the time while Nate is gone. Hopefully, they'll get some good Elk and be home tonight. :) Wouldn't that be a great surprise.