Thursday, May 28, 2009

Much needed Time-Out!!


It's 6:30pm and my kids are in bed. I figured it was safer for everyone since my temper has been on the loose today.. They really have pushed my buttons today and I can't tell you how many times I've yelled or pleaded with them. Been there?? I hope I'm not the only one. So with them in bed, regardless of if they are asleep or not, I am going to MY time-out!


p.s. why is patience so hard to come by while pregnant? My poor family. I love them dearly. Momma just needs a break!!


8 comments:

jen said...

Yeah, you are SO not alone! After my last pregnancy I decided that it was best for my little family that we stop having children. I love those sweet babies, but I was borderline abusive and it was NOT pretty! I had this weird scary voice that would come out of me (my monster "pregnant" mommy voice). We certainly all have our days. I hope tomorrow is better!

Jill said...

Oh heavens no! You are not the only one. When I started getting baby hungry for our third, my husband asked if we could please just wait a while. He wanted his wife around for just a bit longer before giving me over to pregnancy hormones. Good gracious those are crazy! As are the post-pregnancy hormones. It is better to put your kids to bed early and take a time out than risk saying something you'd regret and bawl over for days. Read Linda Eyre's "A Joyful Mother of Children". I know it doesn't sound (right now) like it's a book you'd like to look into - but I promise it won't give you an ounce of guilt. Plenty of reasons to laugh, lots to think about, and comfort that someone else is just like you. At least, that's how it made me feel during my second pregnancy. GOOD LUCK!! Now, go get some ice cream. :D! It's my prescription for everyone these days.

Jill said...

p.s. happy to "see" you again.

Misty said...

Been there, done that! Good luck. I hope you sleep well. I know how you feel. Pregnancy is not kind to me or my Mommy Skills. I'm thinking we're good with 3 so that we can all live through this life.

A and L Stapley said...

LOL... i'm just laughing because reading your posts is pretty good birth control! CAN'T WAIT FOR MOTHERHOOD! :) You are a wonderful mother, and your kids know you love 'em... and only what 4 more months?? You're 1/2 way there.

Jill said...

Lands. Sorry. Edit. It wasn't "A Joyful Mother of Children" it was "I Didn't Plan to be a Witch". I think.

Anyway, both are by Linda Eyre.

Amanda Borden said...

hi.. this made me laugh. i am 18 wks pregnant and yes hormones do run high during pregnancy don't they? good luck to you. This Mommy thing even with all it's beauty is certainly harder than it seemed huh? we'll manage wont we?

Shana said...

Oh Dianna...
I understand. Heavens, I just got done being pregnant!! Not too much longer for you though!! You know what!?? I have had my baby and Brayden and Daxton are in bed right now and it is 6:40. They were a bit out of control. So it is bedtime :) Love ya hon and if you need anything, let me know!!