Monday, December 8, 2008

Our turkey day! ( 2 weeks late )


This year for our Thanksgiving, we had the opportunity to go home to my parent's house for 5 days. It was such a fun, relaxing trip, which of course it usually is since my mom
offers to watch the kids while we can get a chance to "go out". Thanks mom and dad, you put on a fabulous Thanksgiving this year!! It was great to be "home" for the holiday!

While we were "home" my sister Lisa took it upon herself to cut and style our hair! She doesn't have a license or anything, but she definitely has a talent for it. Lisa loves to get us all beautified! Emily was thrilled after I gave her permission to have Lisa cut her hair. I just told Lisa to make it cute, and she did a fabulous job!

Here is the BEFORE:


And here is the AFTER shot! Doesn't she look beautiful!!




Mom also treated us to a "girls day" with a pedicure and a little shopping. Now tell me what can be better than that!?! Emily was so excited to be included and she still has her shiny red nails done! While us girls were off doing our thing, the guys, including Easton, went shooting. I'm glad they had some bonding time, and they are always more than eager to go shoot the guns. Easton loved watching and screamed in delight as the spraypaint cans went flying in the air! I would've liked to see it myself! Between that, going to a couple movies, shopping, and just hanging out it was a great get-a-way!!
Mom and Dad always treat us to a nice time, anytime we visit. I just love going home, it is such a good feeling to be where family is. We really missed my older brother and his family, it's hard since they live so far away, but they were certainly in our hearts! Nate and I have had such a good year. We have so much to be thankful for, and somedays I wonder if I really deserve it all! I think the center of my thankful cluster is my family. Without my family I would be lost, they are not only family but also some of my best friend's! I always have fun staying up till way past bedtime to laugh and chat. I think our usual bedtime was 12 midnight or later.. Growing up living at home, my dad would always get so mad when we'd have a group of friend's over and we'd just stay up late and laugh and visit! My mom has a sign over her dining room that say's "Sit long, talk much".. and that is seriously what we do! I love it!
Although Thanksgiving is over, I intend to keep my heart thankful for all I have throughout the new year. I am always thankful for these two sweet kids....

And my sweet husband, you guys are my life!

9 comments:

A and L Stapley said...

It was so fun to have you guys in town!! That picture of Emily and Easton is soooo cute! I love those two. BTW, how did you get your little message on your comment window??

Tara Bennett said...

Oh I loved this post. Even I think of your mom and dad's house as a little bit of a "home." It just has such a warm feeling there. I really felt like I was at home whenever I went.

Em's hair looks so fab and healthy. She's so posh and a little hottie - like her momma!

Misty said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time! How nice! Emily's haircut is absolutely ADORABLE!!! Elizabeth wants to get her hair cut short. This is inspiring me. Maybe I'll give it a try.

jen said...

That is such a cute picture of you!!!!

Ute Family said...

Could Emily be any cute. I love her cute face. And how many talents does Lisa have? Photographer and now hair stylist. Geesh!

Shana said...

What a cute post Di!! I loved it! :) Your family is adorable and I am glad you had a good time!
You need to call me. We need to catch up!! Love ya!

KA said...

It may sound strange...but, I loved seeing your dad's smiling face holding the turkey at the opening of the blog entry.

Shana said...

Hey wonder woman... would you mind emailing me your address so I can send out a Christmas card to you!??
Thanks so much! xoxox

Camey said...

I LOVE her hair! SO cute!