Friday, December 19, 2008

Holiday Miscellaneous

My mother-in-law is famous for storing things.. She will pull out toys at her house that Nate used to play with as a kid. The great thing about it, is that most if not all of these toys are like brand new!! Even after all these years. Well it didn't surprise me when I went to pick up the kids to find Emily in this:



Isn't it such a cute coat?! I asked my mother-in-law where she got it and she laughed as she said, "It used to be Nate's!" Seriously, this gem has been hanging up in her coat closet for 25 years. And it's in mint condition!! Doesn't even smell old.. Emily loves it and wears it to school where her teacher made her spin, "like 6 times" according to Emily!! I am thrilled that she wears it, it is very special to her since her daddy used to wear it when he was 5. She doesn't even care that it's a boy color, she'll wear it until it fits Easton!!

And then I couldn't help posting this:


Tayia and Emily stayed busy for a long time doing each other's hair. They play SO WELL together, and we are always lucky to have them over.



And what night isn't complete without a bath buddy? Seriously, it's not too much longer before these two won't want to share the bubbles, but I sure do love this age. Bergen's little pixie voice will have your heart for sure! They make each other laugh and giggle, and it's cute to see them play!





Well, I thought we needed to get a "gingerbread house" to decorate. It has become a late start tradition in my family, so I thought my kids would enjoy it! Well, let's just say that I had to mentally talk myself into calming my stress level down enough to have the Christmas spirit to proceed with last nights festivities. After slaving on homemade cinnamon rolls (that didn't turn out good), dinner, and cleaning up a broken quart jar of bottled peaches, plus entertain the kids, I was beat. However, I turned on some music, spoke in a happy voice, and got the night started! The kids got into it right away, and we had to try and explain to Easton that he can't eat it all!! He was a bit disgruntled, but after eating more than a fair share of sugar, he was happy! And to find out after all the effort to bring on happy holiday traditions, Emily would've rather drawn pictures in her little notebook that she happened to find in our candy basket. Hmph! Alright fam, let's not ever say I didn't try! All in all, the night was fun, and glad we got it decorated!!





4 comments:

Camey said...

Where did you get all the things to do them? I would like to begin that...maybe next year. Did you get the blocks on your porch?

Tanielle said...

LOVE the coat! Very sweet! Also love the pictures you took of our kids! And how you put on music and talked in a "happy voice", I know that takes effort on nights like that! Good job Dianna, you're super mom!

Ute Family said...

that coat makes me so happy. That is hilarious and so cute. I can't believe she is wearing it. I love that kind of stuff...you know, the heirlooms and such! Cute gingerbread house! Maybe we should compete next near ;)

A and L Stapley said...

Love the coat!! Its back in style you know... all but maybe the fur collar, but she definitely pulls it off well... and i love her smirk! Cute gingerbread house... Easton's little mad/pout/i want it face is priceless in that one pic.