Thursday, July 30, 2009

Our summer so far...

Okay Okay... I can take a hint. So here I go in attempts to update as best I can. It is a daunting task for me, as is anything nowadays. Might be the heat, might be that I am now 30 weeks prego and can barely make it up my stairs... So the thought of sitting at the computer, going through a million pic's to decide which one's I look the best in, is scary. Needless to say, the summer so far has been great. I cannot complain. We've done some fun stuff, celebrated both the kids' birthday's, and have enjoyed (or I should say 'endured') the heat of summer so far! For the sake of time and space, I am going to collage some of the main trips we've done this summer.
To get a better look at the pictures just click on the collage. Just don't look TOO closely!

{My little brother graduated HHS, with honors! Go Rob!!}

{Summer fun at the neighbor's pool across from G-ma Duke's}
{Camping fun, with the Duke's up by Flaming Gorge, complete with fishing trip down the Green}


{Trip to Yellowstone, Jackson, and the Teton's with the Wiley's}

{More of Yellowstone}

{Here at Kepler Falls, Yellowstone. Did I mention that we did Yellowstone in one day? Yep we were in the car a total of about 14 hours..but the kids were phenomenal the whole time! Emily said she will remember being in the car during our Yellowstone trip!}
July is such a busy birthday month in our families! We were a bit birthday'd out, since I was nice and gave each child their own party plus a combined party with family. How we ever timed their special day only 4 days apart is beyond me.. However, it was a success, the kids loved every minute of each celebration. Thanks friends and family for making it such a memorable year for them!!

{And here is our 6 year old!!!}

{Proud little 3 year old!!}

{Loved the "combined" cake, it was much easier this way..}

{Excited for her new bike! We are hoping the training wheels come off this year..}

{Easton loved his party at the park!}

{Love this smile!}

{G-ma Wiley got Emily rocks for her collections!}

{Emily's party, slip-n-slide, and pinata were a hit!!}

{And last but not least, my big belly! Excited for the new arrival coming in Sept}
We've been ultra-busy, with work, and play, and are grateful for the opportunities that we have. I cannot even begin to understand how our lives will change once baby is born, we are so excited and nervous for the change. The countdown has begun, and I think that might be a bad thing since every week seems to take longer and longer. I am just thankful for my family, and for being a mom, it brings lots of smiles and laughter. We are hoping to get through a couple more camping trips, before the end of September, and maybe somewhere in there we will get things ready for the baby!! Oh and maybe I will be more on top of getting this here blog updated! =)

11 comments:

The Morton's said...

You are so close to then end, you can do it!!! By the way, I love how well you have spaced your kids apart.

A and L Stapley said...

Love the post... so fun to see the pictures. I have to ask.. what is with easton's new smile?? It is just one more reason to love him. Happy summer, and we might see you on sunday! Love ya sis!!

Camey said...

67 days doesn't seem so bad! I didn't know you went to Yellowstone and all in one day! You are brave! I could never do it!! Loved the post! You are gorgeous as always!

jen said...

nice to see you back. looks like a fun filled summer. you look hot! do you remember when i saw you after you moved and i was pregnant w/ kody and i had an entire front seat full of junk to eat. it might have been nate that saw it but it was a wee bit embarrassing. i had beef jerkey, soda and candy bars. i can't wait to see little ian (that's the name i voted for).

Annie Sunshine said...

You are so cute prego! Lots of fun stuff this summer...When I am pregnant during the summer I feel like all I do is lay around...good for you!

Unknown said...

My blog hasn't been updated in forever either....I just haven't been that interested and life is busy too! I love all of your cute pics. Your kids are darling and I can't believe Emily is 6! Ian will also be three soon...in Sept. I feel for you having a Sept baby. I will never do that again if I can help it!! Good luck and I can't wait for pics of the baby when he is born!

Jamie said...

Looks like fun, all except the prego part. I feel your pain girl. We need to go camping with you guys some time. Love ya.

Tanielle said...

All of your pictures look great! I like how you did your collages! You look great in all of your vacation pictures too! Try to get some rest this summer or baby #3 is going to come early!

Tara Bennett said...

Looks like a fun summer so far! I love your big belly! Can't wait to 'meet' your 3rd little one!!! xo

Sara said...

Looks like a fun summer! We went to Yellowstone over the 4th of July - and I had the crazy idea that tent camping at 32 weeks would be a breeze. Hehehe. Um, yeah.

I didn't realize that you aren't that far behind me pg-wise. I'm down to 3.5 weeks (ish). And PARANOID about having two kids - I can't even comprehend three!

Nicole said...

FINALLY! I have been waiting to see these cute pictures!
It looks like a lot of fun!
Thanks for being a great friend!