Sunday, July 20, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily & Easton!!

Our little miss just turned 5, cannot believe it, and it makes me cry to think of her in kindergarten this year!! She is one in a million. She is so smart, beautiful, and caring. She has like 20 kids which of course are her stuffed animals and baby dolls. She often reminds me that when she gets to be a mom she is never going to yell at her kids.. I love that when I ask her what she wants to be when she grows up she states, "I want to be a mom"! Emily is our princess!



Our little man is turning 2 tomorrow, it seems like yesterday when he was born. He is so handsome, and such a charmer with his laugh and deep little voice! We get a kick out of him saying, "yeah", only those who have heard him say it know what I mean.. He smiles and it makes me marvel at how cute he is, and I don't think much of my motherly bias is involved..its just a fact, he's so darn cute! I love how he rides his hand-me-down Dora bike. Its like Fred Flintstone, and his feet are moving 100MPH cause he can't quite reach the pedals! We love how he entertains us.



This year we decided to give the kids their "special day" on their specific birthday, and then a combined celebration with family. (and how we timed two July babies within 4 days of each other, I do not know...) With Emily's b-day last thursday, we did our tradition of waffles with candles, and then we went to the pool. It was a great way to hang out with just us, and it was quite relaxing! I love days like that where we just chill and enjoy each other! I made her Spaghetti with meatballs, her favorite and we decorated cupcakes.. She got to pick out a movie, 'Once Upon A Forest', and she got to stay up late.. It was a fun, laid back, enjoyable day!

Before the party on Saturday, we went to the pool again with my family who traveled up from southern Ut..It was like we were kids again, doing the holding the breath contest, doing underwater somersaults, jumping off the diving board, going down the slide etc. I love being a kid! Later we had the party for the kids, with both sets of grandma's and grandpa's, aunts, uncles, and cousins, plus Emily's best friend Matayia.. We ended the gift fest with a mean water-fight complete with breaking through our fence.. It was crazy fun! Thanks to all who came to support the kids, and your fun gifts for them! Thank you, Thank you!!! I am feeling extremely blessed for my two July babies! They make me smile, laugh, cry, and truly greatful to be their mom.. Tomorrow is Easton's b-day and I think he'll be good to do anything as long as I am there..He's certainly a momma's boy! So here's to a nice day playin at home with all his new cars and trucks!


Emily's "present cake"


Easton's "race-track cake"

It's crazy trying to get all the pic's on here, and the kids are starting to be obnoxious so here is a quick glimpse at the party fun!


Collective poses at the pool! Be sure to check out my goofy dad with Easton's towell!

I just love my family!



Quick side-note: My cousin, who I haven't seen in many years, made it to the party with her cute family.. Thanks Erin, for coming and getting to know us again! We will for sure stay in touch and do things together! Here we are with Erin, her hubby Jake, Lisa, Aaron, Me and Nate, Robert, and Monica and Rivers! Love you guys!

7 comments:

jen said...

I'm very impressed with your bithday cakes! Very cute! Easton looks like such a little man. I want to hear him say "yeah".

Ute Family said...

Yeah!! I'm so glad we could come to the party. Your family is so cute. I'm glad I finally got to meet your husband and cute kids. Emily was so sweet to Lydia and such a nice little girl. What a good mom you are!!! Hopefully we'll see you more this summer!
Erin

Camey said...

Looks like so much fun. I really want to hang out with you because I feel like I NEVER see you. I love the family picture. I can totally see the resemblance between you and your sister to the left of you. Anyhow, Happy birthday to both of your sweet kids!

A and L Stapley said...

It was such a fun weekend, I didn't want to come home... The pool was definetly fun, we never got to do an under the water teaparty though! :) Thanks for the fun times! Love ya, sis.

Tanielle said...

So much fun! The water fight was the best! Happy Birthday Emily and Easton!

A and L Stapley said...

Look at all you got done on Monday!! You even made time to do a new background for your blog... its very cute!

Shana said...

What a nice day Dianna!! And what a fun party. The pictures are so cute and I miss you a lot and your cute kids!!! I am glad to know all is well! Love you!