If you have a brainfreeze about what to make for dinner or are going to the store but need menu items check out my rookie attempt at dinnertime organizing! I started a blog to help out friends or family by sharing my newfound joy of menu planning! In all seriousness, I find it a HUGE headache to try and have a good, healthy dinner on the table everynight of the week! So please if you want to contribute let me know so you can help author what might work at your household! Its all part of being a mom I guess, but I used to cringe every time someone would say, "whats for dinner?!." I've really been trying to stay organized, because it saves money in the end, so check out some of my menu ideas!! I know this is so motherly and I feel really nerdy right now... But heck, its fun, and another way to waste time online!
Dinner's On Me!
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
We'll see how this goes!
Posted by Nathan and Dianna Wiley at 8:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
YAY I'm excited to check it out! I have a dinner time blog that I do with my mom, sister and sister in laws. It's listed on my sites i like list. I'll be checking it often!
I have done a monthly meal plan since we lived in Wisconsin and lived on pennies. It really saves money as well as time. Here's a few other things I do as well. (Just in case you are intersted how I save even more money...)
I now do one big shopping trip a month and get a week or so worth of perishable items and then the whole month's worth of shelf items.
I also have a running list on the fridge to write staples down as soon as they get down to 1/3 of the container, so I never have to run to the store for spices or things like that that you don't think about being out of until you are out of them, and need them for dinner.
Then I do perishable shopping at the corner grocery store two more times a month after my big monthly trip to the big discount store in the city. I cut my budget by a third just by reducing my visits and sticking to my list, not to mention the savings in gas.
Sounds like you are off to a great start. I'll have to keep updated on your recipes if they are easy ones. I HATE to cook. Wade used to do all the dinners, but I'm trying to do the wifely thing these days and get it at least close to on the table before he gets home. Having easy recipes sure will help me out.
That is awesome! I'll check it out!
I checked it out and it looks great. I do the meal planning as well and look forward to contributing. My friend has a blog called whatsfordinneratyourhouse.blogspot.com. I guess it must be the new thing.
So funny you did this! I never cook, but since Clif doesn't even get home until 6:00 I decided it was time I started. I am trying to do a meal a week. I am like I have no good ideas so this is so nice! Also, thanks for calling me! I will have to stop by soon!
Post a Comment